Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Lungs

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, nothing exciting has been happening. About a week ago, I was having some shortness of breath, I didnt think much of it until it started getting so bad that I couldnt walk to the kitchen without being out of breath. I had a doctors app yesterday and I was so scared that I had pneumonia, I was freaking out. LUCKILY, I do NOT have pnemonia!! YAY! One of the drugs I recieved from chemo, bleomyecyin, damages your lungs. It downsizes the capacity of your lungs. So basically, my lungs have shrunk. Dr Forman didnt seem worried, he said he's seen this many time. The only bummer about this is the treatment is Prendisone, a very powerful steriod which I have been on before. It makes your face and belly very swollen and puffy. I know, I know, a small price to pay for taking a deep breath, but who wants a puffy face AND a bald head?!?! I have to be on them for about a month and hopefully by then it will have stretched out my lungs enough to breath normally.
Other than that though, I am doing well. Very bored at home, I can't do much. I am looking forward to my upcoming trip to Spain to visit my friend. I love to travel and by then I will be feeling much better. I am enjoying the beautiful weather and of course my brother's company. He is home from boot camp until mid march!! He is so great, I missed him a lot.
Thank you all for keeping up with my blog, I will post more often, I promise!!
Carpe Diem. Take Deep Breaths!
Jenna

1 comment:

Jessica Mahoney said...

I love you, even if you have a puffy face and a bald head. Acually, I envy you... I want a bald head!!! For now I wear wigs on a regular basis- seriously... i have lots, they're amazing. :) keep your chin up & cant wait to see you